Position: Patient Review Specialist Lead
Ambulance Victoria (AV) is thrilled to be recruiting an exciting new position that will lead and support a positive patient safety culture across the organisation and in doing so, contribute to achieving Best Care for every patient, every time. This is a full time, permanent role based at our Blackburn North business centre.
The primary objective of the Patient Review Specialist Lead is to act as a subject matter expert and clinical leader in order to ensure the team assesses, reviews and reports operational communications and clinical care in a fair, consistent and timely manner to make certain that opportunities are identified, supported and improved.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Patient Safety and Experience, the main duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- providing clinical leadership, subject matter expertise, advice and mentorship for the team;
- ensuring patient risks are detected and opportunities for improvement are identified and supported;
- developing and maintaining strong relationships with external organisations and across AV, working collaboratively and fostering a positive patient safety and learning culture;
- providing high level clinical advice and escalation as required in responding to serious patient harm events and clinical audits;
- leading and providing clinical expertise in root cause analyses, London Protocol and other review methods;
- leading the patient safety review function to achieve the “safe” and “effective” care goals; and
- leading AV’s patient safety review activity including operational communications, emergency and patient transport operations.
How to apply
Applicants are encouraged to read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria’ before submitting their application.
To find out more about this exciting new role, including a full position description click here
Applications close 5pm, Friday 23 November 2018.