As a member of Paramedics Australasia you have automatic access to PA’s CPD program and independent certification of your skills. In order to receive certification, you must submit the Annual Declaration and Points Collection forms.
Process for certification
There are two ways towards certification: CPD points currency claim, and claim from a state authority recognised professional development program.
CPD points currency claim
To become certified simply download the Appendix 2, Section B for CPD points currency claim, then complete and sign Appendix 2, Annual Declaration and Appendix 3, Points Collection forms. These forms can be downloaded from this page (you will need to log in to access the forms).
A total of 50 points per annum is required to achieve certification. The following provides some examples of how points are allocated for certification.
- eLearning attracts points respective to study time (eg. one point per hour). The PA eLearning portal provides details of the number of points available for each course.
- Review of literature and research articles (eg. one point per hour). There is a minimum standard for type of study, but points will apply to all scientific research literature and the nominated article in Response magazine. There is a cap on the maximum points that can be gained for a specific study.
- Attendance at accredited education evenings (as per the allocated points, eg. one point per hour).
- Value of points for university/authority degree (eg. 20–25 points for two semesters of study). Note that the degree or diploma must be ambulance orientated and not a nursing stream.
- Attendance at registered conferences (as per conference points allocated, eg. 10–20).
A certificate of competency from a superintendent or training facilitator can be included with these supporting documents.
CPD claim from a state authority recognised professional development program
You can submit a claim for CPD currency based on a state authority recognised system of professional development (eg. a workplace education and training program). Simply download and complete the form Appendix 2, Section A.
Applying for certification
Once the forms are completed, including a list of all relevant activities, please submit both forms with evidence of your development activities, including attendance certificates and/or certificate of competency, to the Malcolm McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org
On approval, the certificate of CERTIFICATION will be issued by the PA Board of Directors.
Recertification is required annually – submit Appendix 2 to email@example.com by 30 June each year.
Recertification certificates are issued from the Secretariat of Continuing Professional Development after 30 June each year.
Further information about the CPD program requirements is available from the CPD Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org