Community of Practice Research
The Community of Practice Research Special Interest Group is open to members working in a pre-hospital or out-of-hospital research area.
The Community of Practice Research SIG aims to support our research workforce in the following ways.
- Support the building of research capacity among the paramedic workforce
- Provide access to online research courses
- Provide mentorship
- Participate in the AJP Journal Club
- Presentations – know who to ask to do what
- Support the career development of established researchers
- Promote networking, such as via a LinkedIn subgroup
- Facilitate meetings for HDR students
- Provide mentorship for post-doctoral students
- Activities to link supervisors
- Provide assistance with CV building
- Develop a resource hub encompassing:
- Contacts in related disciplines
- Training opportunities – courses, scholarships, events
- Funding availability – internal and external funds, key dates, contacts
- Resource sharing – clearing house for members’ papers/grey literature store
- Access to populations/samples
- Industry links – mechanism to line researchers and applied problems – allow industry to know how to ask questions
- Applications of findings to areas outside emergency medicine and other medical applications, such as non-medical applications.
Provide a forum to discuss past, current and future coordinated research efforts within paramedicine and related disciplines and topics.
Employ a consistent approach to media releases – a research ‘brand’.