A number of PA and SPA members recently participated in an international virtual chat on Paramedic Registration. The Twitter Chat was hosted by WeParamedics and looked at a range of contemporary issues surrounding the registration of paramedics.
Some of the topics explored were:
- How can professional registration protect patients? Are the public aware of the regulation status of their health professional?
- Does professional registration support consistent education standards in paramedic practice?
- How does registration and regulation affect the undergraduate curriculum differences across Australia?
- Is there a need for separate registration for specialist roles (eg, Paramedic Practitioners)?
- How can regulation keep up with the pace of change in paramedic clinical practice?
- How can CPD needs for maintaining fitness to practice be met?
- Should there be a voluntary register for advanced technicians or should there be a mandatory code of practice?
The discussion thread during the week of the event was exceptional with more than 728,000 impressions globally, 104 primary participants/contributors and 521 tweets.
You can see the discussion thread HERE.
WeParamedics is a We Community hosting regular twitter chats relevant to paramedics – more information can be found HERE.