- Contribute to the development and implementation of the paramedicine curriculum
- Opportunity to teach at undergraduate level
- Part-time (0.5 FTE) continuing position based at the MacKillop campus in North Sydney.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is a recognised nationwide leader in health sciences education and prides itself on the quality of its programs and its graduates. The School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine comprises a team of highly motivated and dedicated academic and professional staff who have built a strong teaching and learning environment as evidenced by student demand, entry levels, and student course experience evaluation over several years.
As a Lecturer in Paramedicine you will be expected to perform full academic responsibilities, including teaching and any related administration. This role will normally contribute to teaching at undergraduate level and engage in professional activities appropriate to the professional discipline. You will:
- teach and assess at undergraduate level in a number of areas
- prepare and deliver lectures, tutorials and practical laboratories
- co-ordinate courses or units as required
- engage in School, Faculty and University committees and related activities as needed.
You will need to have:
- completed or enrolled in a higher degree (Master or PhD) in Paramedicine or related discipline
- demonstrated clinical competence as a paramedic
- ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- evidence of quality student-centred teaching including effective administration of units and familiarity with the effective use of eLearning approaches.
Full details on this position, including the Position Description, salary range and how to apply are available here
General enquiries can be directed to Graham Munro, Senior Lecturer in Paramedicine via 02 9465 9236.
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications for this position close Wednesday 14 February 2018.