The Australian Catholic University is seeking a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Paramedicine – Faculty of Health Sciences / School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Paramedicine curriculum
- Opportunity to teach at undergraduate level and provide academic leadership
- Full time continuing position based at the St Patricks campus in Melbourne.
As a Lecturer in Paramedicine, you will be expected to perform full academic responsibilities, including teaching and any related administration. This role will normally contribute to teaching at undergraduate level and engage in professional activities appropriate to the professional discipline.
As a Senior Lecturer in Paramedicine, you will provide academic leadership in the School by undertaking coordination responsibilities and/or other leadership portfolios as required. The incumbent will be expected to make a significant contribution to the learning and teaching scholarship and/or research performance of the School, develop and deliver lecture, tutorial and practical classes and contribute to the academic and administrative functions of the School.
You will need to have:
* completed or enrolled in a higher degree (Masters or PhD) in Paramedicine or related discipline
* demonstrated clinical competence as a Paramedic
* ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
* evidence of quality student-centred teaching including effective administration of units and familiarity with the effective use of eLearning approaches.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply
For further information and to obtain the Position Description and apply for this position click here
General enquiries can be directed to Associate Professor Karen Nightingale, State Head of School, School of Nursing, Midwifery & Paramedicine (VIC) (03) 9953 3189.
For more details visit www.acu.edu.au/careers
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 18 November 11.50pm (EDST)