There are a number of levels of membership to Paramedics Australasia; more information can be found in the PA Certified Rules.
Member – open to those who apply for and successfully fulfil the requisite criteria, as set out by the Board of Paramedics Australasia. The criteria can be found hHERE.
Associate – open to those who apply for membership, but are not currently eligible for recognition in other membership levels. The criteria for Associate membership can be found HERE.
Student – open to those who apply for membership and are currently enrolled in an approved undergraduate pre-registration or pre-employment paramedical program.
Retired Member – open to those members who have retired from the profession, but wish to remain a member of their professional body.
Fellow – a senior level category of membership which may be conferred by the Board upon any active member in recognition of their services to Paramedics Australasia and/or the profession. Fellow status can be applied for by members. Details of the application process can be found HERE.
Honorary Fellow – is a ‘bestowed’ membership category determined by special resolution of the Board in recognition of an ongoing, high level of commitment to, and support of, the objects of Paramedics Australasia.
Life Member – is a ‘bestowed’ membership category determined by special resolution of the Board in recognition of an ongoing, high level of commitment to, and support of, the objects of Paramedics Australasia.
Graduate Transition Member – designed to assist graduates of a Paramedics Australasia approved paramedical degree. This membership subscription is $96 per year for a period of two years from date of joining. A scanned copy of your degree or the completed transcript is required with your application for criteria confirmation.
Limitations and responsibilities of graduate level:
- Scholarships to be funded at half that of Associate member rates.
- Electronic delivery of RESPONSE magazine only.
- Full access to CPD and eLearning.
- After two years from date of payment you will be required to upgrade to a membership level with full benefits. You will be expected to contact the Membership Registrar with your qualifications for permanent membership.
- A third and final year of graduate transition membership will be permitted if the member is able to produce evidence to show they have not obtained employment.
- The graduate transition membership category will be available to all paramedic graduates, regardless of whether they obtain employment in the period, within or outside of paramedicine.