Research Special Interest Group
The Paramedics Australasia Research Special Interest Group exists for PA members working in a pre-hospital or out-of-hospital research area. Membership of this SIG is open to all categories of PA membership. The SIG meets once a year, with the meeting typically convened prior to the Paramedics Australasia International Conference.
The aim of the Research SIG is to support our research workforce in the following areas:
Build research capacity among the paramedic workforce
- Provide access to online research courses
- Mentorship and guidance
- Participation in the Australasian Journal of Paramedicine Journal Club.
Career development of established researchers
- Promote networking
- Meetings for higher degree research students
- Mentorship for post-doctoral students
- Activities to link supervisors
- CV building.
Develop a resource hub encompassing:
- Contacts in related disciplines
- Training opportunities – courses, scholarships, events
- Funding availability – internal and external funds, key dates, contacts
- Resource sharing – clearing house for members’ papers/grey literature store
- Access to populations/samples
- Industry links – a mechanism to line researchers and applied problems
- Applications of findings to areas outside emergency medicine.
- Provide a forum to discuss past, current and future coordinated research efforts within paramedicine and related disciplines and topics.
To join the Research SIG log in to the PA Members Portal and update your SIG preferences.
You can contact the Research SIG Convenor Dr Kate Cantwell via the contact form below.