Chief Medical Officer
Permanent part-time (19 hours per week)
Flexible working hours
St John Ambulance Australia (NT) Inc. is a not for profit organisation dedicated to helping the people of Northern Territory in sickness, distress, suffering and danger. We have been active in the Northern Territory for over 70 years, and internationally are part of a wider organisation with a long and honourable history.
We are looking for a Chief Medical Officer, with experience in emergency pre hospital care, to work alongside our Clinical Services Division, Ambulance Operations and Volunteer Division to deliver patient centred, culturally appropriate care informed by clinical best practice.
The Chief Medical Officer is a vital role within St John Ambulance Australia (NT) Inc., having responsibility for management of the quality and governance of clinical services and practice across operational service delivery, including volunteers, ambulance services paramedics and patient transport officers. The perfect candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the below experience, qualifications, and knowledge:
- In medical administration and systems, in particular quality and safety.
- In the delivery of clinical education.
- In successfully integrating clinical expertise and evidence based research to support optimal clinical/patient outcomes.
- Medically registrable tertiary qualifications, with a specialty in emergency medicine/critical care.
- Post graduate qualifications in health service management.
- Disaster medical system and retrieval qualifications would be well regarded.
- Clinical / executive leadership training or qualifications would be well regarded.
- Workplace training and assessment qualifications would be well regarded.
Benefits include competitive minimum salary of $200K pro rata, generous entitlements and flexible working hours. Salary packaging benefits including access to corporate health plans. All uniforms and resources provided. Assistance with relocation is offered.
How to apply
Send a copy of your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 26 May 2019.