Position: Lecturer (Paramedic Science), School of Health and Wellbeing
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) is a young, dynamic university dedicated to providing quality programs and degrees in a flexible and supportive environment. In less than 50 years, USQ has become a prominent teaching and research institution providing education worldwide from three regional locations – Springfield, Ipswich and Toowoomba.
The School of Health and Wellbeing (located in Ipswich) is dedicated to providing educational opportunities to enable individuals to meet current and future needs associated with shaping, promoting and maintaining a healthy society. Programs delivered by the School include Biomedical Science, Medical Laboratory Science, Sport and Exercise and Human Services.
What you’ll do
An opportunity is available for an accomplished Lecturer to contribute to the University’s development, delivery and expansion of the Bachelor of Paramedicine program. As a Lecturer (Paramedic Science), you will be required to:
- develop and review course materials, particularly in the area of multi-trauma, in collaboration with other academic team members;
- deliver courses via lectures, tutorials and workshops on-campus and online;
- oversee professional placement courses through the Paramedicine program;
- supervise students completing honours research projects, postgraduate coursework and research projects and engage in research;
- maintain high-level linkages with industry and professional bodies to ensure ongoing relevance of awards, facilitate suitable student experiences and develop partnerships in applied research; and
- act as Course Coordinator providing support to students, team members and other employees.
What will help you succeed?
Your teaching experience, together with your ability to transfer professional, industry based skills and knowledge to address the professional requirements of a broad range of students from diverse backgrounds will be pivotal to your success in this role. Additionally, you will have:
- a Master’s degree with proven expertise in the discipline of Paramedicine, and significant progress towards or completion of a PhD or Doctorate in an area relevant to Paramedicine;
- demonstrated ability to contribute more broadly across the Paramedicine discipline in areas such as multi-trauma and professional placement courses;
- proven expertise and/or experience in blended and online learning;
- a record of teaching excellence, with a demonstrated capacity to successfully teach the Paramedicine discipline incorporating contemporary approaches to pedagogy;
- demonstrated capacity to lead community and professional development relevant to Paramedicine; and
- a record of research engagement and outputs in Paramedicine and/or a focused research plan and potential to engage with others in team based research.
What we offer
As a staff member of USQ, you will experience of range of rewarding career, financial and lifestyle benefits, including generous superannuation, professional development programs, discounted personal travel and health services and many work/life balance initiatives. You will also join a diverse, highly motivated and friendly team of Health and Wellbeing professionals – all while enjoying the relaxed lifestyle and family-friendly atmosphere afforded by living in Ipswich.
As Queensland’s oldest provincial city, Ipswich has a rich history and is renowned for its architectural, natural and cultural heritage. Located just 40 kilometres west of Brisbane’s CBD and only an hour’s drive from the Gold Coast, Ipswich offers modern facilities and attractions, and makes for easy working and living.
Reference No: 103164
Term: Full-time continuing appointment
Salary: Total remuneration range $108,142 to $127,820 pa (includes salary range of $91,378 to $108,005 pa, employer superannuation contributions of 17% of salary and annual leave loading)
Applications for this position close Friday 25 May 2018.
At USQ we are united by our core values of Respect, Integrity and Excellence, which guide our daily actions and decision making.
If you think you can bring this role to life, we invite you to submit your resume/CV along with a two page statement outlining your motivation and suitability for the role. You can find out more about the role, including a Position Description, and apply for this position here