Extended Care Paramedic (17 026)
Wellington Free Ambulance has an opening for a paramedic or Intensive Care Paramedic to join the Urgent Community Care (UCC) team. As an Extended Care Paramedic with Wellington Free Ambulance, you will receive the training and knowledge that will enable you to provide the following patient care:
- Assess and manage patients with non-life threatening conditions
- Access alternative care pathways for managing patients
- Work with other health care professionals to treat people in their own homes to reduce hospital admissions.
This is a permanent position and once training is complete, you will provide relief to both UCC and the Emergency Ambulance Service. To apply for the position you must:
- Have held your current ATP for at least one year
- Must be compliant with CE point requirements, have no current adverse clinical incidents or employment issues
- Be physically fit for lifting and capable of meeting the demands of the role
- Have no criminal convictions, previous or pending.
If you are looking for a rewarding role in which you can make a difference to a critical emergency service and deliver value to the business, please fill out the application form available on our website and send with your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Attn: Keira Peters, HR Business Partner, PO Box 601, Thorndon.
Applications close 27 August 2017.
If you would like to discuss further, in confidence, please call WFA on (04) 499 9909 and ask to speak with Lucy Kershaw, Specialist Teams Manager. Successful applicants will be invited to the next stage of assessment that will include a written exam.